Saturday, July 11, 2009

CONFLICT OF INTEREST - Patterns in Chaos - Part One

CONFLICT OF INTEREST is in production and seeking finishing funds.

PLEASE NOTE that CONFLICT OF INTEREST - PATTERNS IN CHAOS is posted below in 3 parts.

This film is dedicated to Daniel Pearl, Andy Skrzypkowiak and Mirwais Jalil - three journalists who lost their lives trying to tell the truth about Afghanistan and Pakistan.


Since taking office, President Barack Obama and his envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan, Richard Holbrooke, have both complained about the inadequacy of intelligence and the United States’ “incoherent policy” in the region. The stakes cannot be overstated. President Obama is currently deploying an additional 20,000 soldiers to Afghanistan, in an effort to correct the mismanagement of that campaign during George W. Bush’s administration. It is no accident that the Afghan campaign was severely understaffed and under-funded for the past seven years. Since 2002, the word on the streets of Kabul has been that this situation would lead to an easy re-invasion by the Taliban – which is exactly what has happened.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa Roddy is one of the very journalists or scholars in the US who knows what is going on in Afghanistan. I hope that attention is paid to her analysis because that will help US avoid future tragedy.

    Subhash Kak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.
    I am a student who is taking a debate class and our topic is about having our U.S. troops in Afghan. I was wondering if I could use what your beliefs and what you are stating in my debate, could you provide me with you credentials on the Afghan war, and any other expert sources. You can look at my blog and leave me a comment and I would apreciate if you would get back to me as soon as possiable.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete